In the world in general, tantric meditation and tantric sex has been coined together as one term. Because of their similarities in meditation, healing, and transformation. What is tantric meditation though?
WHAT IS TANTRIC MEDITATION
Tantric meditation is fused with slow body movements, breathing exercises, meditation, and sound. Basically, it helps assist the chakras within us allowing them to open. Generally, we have seven chakras in our bodies. When they are all open, it allows energy to pass through giving us freedom and peace. This energy ‘uncoils’ from the root chakra at the pelvis, moving up along the spine through the other energy centers until it reaches the Sahasrara aka crown chakra. This helps a lot of people heal from lifelong traumas, let go of stress and tension, increase awareness and insight, as well as help them connect better with themselves and others around them.
CONCEPT OF TANTRIC MEDITATION
Quite similar to yoga, the history of tantric meditation also has an exact date of origin. However, it still remains a mystery. However, the only thing that is known is the place of its origin which is the Indus Valley. This area can be found in modern-day Northern India and Pakistan today. However, some researchers pondered on it and said tantric meditation began between 3,000 and 5,000 years ago, when the earliest yoga texts, the Vedas, were written. However, others believe that the practice originated sometime between 300 and 400 CE, when the first Hindu and Buddhist Tantric texts were written down. When it comes to the issue of “tantra” or “tantric meditation”, it’s always a hot button issue.
IMPORTANCE OF TANTRIC MEDITATION
It has been recorded that tantric mediation has helped a lot of people. Generally, it has proved very useful. Some benefits are;
1. Reduction of stress, depression, and anxiety. Tantric mediation practices have been known to lift spirits and cheer a lot of people up.
2. Better understanding of yourself and in turn boosts your confidence
3. When you engage in this form of meditation, it lightens your struggle with insomnia.
4. Improved lovemaking. Basically, it helps couples grow stronger together with better sex life.
5. Tantric meditation is about intimacy generally. So it helps boost our intimacy in our relationship in general.
TANTRIC MEDIATION FOR COUPLES
Generally, there are two simple and easy steps that can help couples meditate together. They are;
This tantra process is quite simple. Basically, you can do it laying on a bed or any downtime you have with your partner. When you guys are having fun in each other’s company, you can just ask the question. This practice helps strengthen your relationship, trust me.
#2. SHADOW CHECK:
Although, this process is a little more complex. But it is not impossible. But, what is a shadow check? It’s a time to come together with your partner and discuss the uncomfortable, challenging feelings and experiences that are occurring in the relationship. It’s a designated space for you to be real about what you’re struggling with within yourself and in your partner.
TANTRIC MEDITATION GUIDE
Here is a step by step guide to practicing tantric meditation with a partner;
#Step 1: Third eye meditation:
This meditation practice is to open your third eye and crown chakra. This practice helps to stimulate the flow of energy which moves up and down the spine, as well as helping you to receive divine energy. But how is it done? First of all, make sure you’re sitting comfortably on a cushion or chair. Then, place your feet on the floor and ensure your legs are touching the cushion or floor.
#Step 2: Lengthen your spine:
Ok, next, we’re going to lengthen the spine. Let’s imagine that there’s a string at the top of our head, pulling it upwards. Then, you’d inhale and exhale and imagine that your tailbone is extending towards the floor. Remember to keep your spine completely straight. Breathe naturally.
#Step 3: The gold ball:
Now, imagine there is a small gold ball in the middle of your forehead, between your eyes. Then, place your tongue on the roof of your mouth and inhale. Next, imagine rolling this gold ball over your head and down your spine as you chant the word ‘hung’.
#Step 4: Exhale and inhale:
When exhaling, roll the ball back up your spine, over the head, and chant ‘sau’ as you inhale again.
#Step 5 – Balance
Continue this practice for 5 minutes at a time. You can continually practice this until you complete a 20-minute meditation. The aim of this tantric meditation is to affirm your true self by connecting with the earth.
TANTRIC MEDITATION TECHNIQUE
The following tantric meditation technique is an ancient practice called Nyasa. Basically, you’d have;
1. Sit in a comfortable, upright meditation posture. Bring yourself fully into the present moment by becoming aware of the sensations of your physical body and the movement of your breath.
2. Focus your awareness on your right foot, and imagine that your right foot is made of golden light. It’s ok if you visualize it.
3. Be aware of the right ankle, and feel it filling with light. Now, the left ankle. The right calf bone, muscle, and skin. Then the left calf and the right thigh, and then the left again.
4. Bring your awareness up into your pelvis, hips, buttocks, sexual organs, and anus. Feel them filled with golden light, as you touch them with your breath.
5. Let your awareness continue to rise into the lower abdomen, bringing light to the whole area, the flesh, and the abdominal organs. Think, “My abdomen has become light.” Let the light enter your lower spine.
6. Imagine the light in your upper abdomen and midback, in your chest and rib cage. Feel your heart and lungs expand with the light. Let it fill your back ribs and your upper spine. Then feel it in your right arm.
7. Let the light infuse your neck. Feel it fill your skull. Your forehead, eyebrows, eyes, nose, cheeks, and then your mouth has turned to light, and your tongue and teeth.
8. Feel your brain completely illuminated by the golden light.
9. Think, “This entire body is light. Light fills every particle of blood, every cell, every membrane, and organ. I am light.”
10. When inhaling, feel that you are breathing in particles of light. As you exhale, let the light flow out into the world. Rest in this body of light.
TANTRIC MEDIATION FOR BEGINNERS
#1. Find your meditation spot:
Basically, your meditation spot can be a place personal to you. Devoid of any noise, distractions, and disturbance.
#2. Sit in a comfortable position:
When you really intend to meditate you have to get comfortable. Probably a nice butt cushion. Basically, just get comfy.
#3. Clear your mind:
Ensure your mind is devoid of any abstract thoughts or even life problems that can disturb your focus. Then simply sit and observe the peace.
TANTRIC MEDITATION COLOURS
Similar to aura colors, tantra meditation also comes with its own set of colors all related to the practice. They are;
#1. Red Tantra:
The red tantra is the most common of all the others. Why? Because it’s centralized around physical intimacy, sensuality, and sexuality and is used in relation to tantric sex. Basically, it involves deep breathing exercises to help you relax and immerse yourself into the experience, gazing into each other’s eyes, tasting, playing some sensual music, and lighting candles to help set the mood and engage your sense of smell. This is often said to help bring partners together, heighten sexual experiences and strengthen relationships.
#2. Black Tantra:
When you talk about black magic, it is embodied in the black tantra. Those who practice it are often said to harness heavy and dark energies to enable them to manipulate other people. Black tantra meditation practitioners go even further to use alcohol, meat, feces, and even human corpses to help strengthen and further their ill intentions.
#3. White Tantra:
Unlike the red, white tantric meditation is not centered on sex. Generally, the white tantra practice is focused on helping you release deep subconscious blocks and heal your body and soul. When you practice white tantric yoga, it takes quick effects. Overall, many believe that just a day of white tantra mediation is equal to a year of meditation.
#4. Pink Tantra:
This is a blend of both spiritual aspects and sensual means. A combination of red and white tantras, if you may. Pinks help us love and accept our physical desires without the shame placed on us by society.
Most people believe that tantric meditation practices heal the mind and soul. When you want to engage in this meditation practice, proceed with caution and understand if it’s truly what you want. Because some religious beliefs do not support tantric practices.
TANTRIC MEDITIATION FAQ’S
What is sensual meditation?
It is a form of meditation that teaches us how to live in balance in our everyday life. As such, it deepens the connection we have to the Earth.
Does meditation feel like orgasm?
Spiritual teachers have been on to this for years, but research is now showing that orgasm and meditation create much the same effect in our brains.