Is My Wife Cheating?
Marriage is based on mutual commitment and trust. Hence, when you start suspecting your wife of cheating it means there’s a questionable change in her behavior.
Unfortunately, if you’ve had the thought of your wife cheating on you, you might just be right. That’s the part that’s hard to admit.
However, you have to put your mind at ease. The fact that you suspect your wife is cheating on you, doesn’t really mean she is. Women differ in their characters and personalities, but a change in their character might be them trying to send a message to you. Hence, your suspicion might be correct, or there’s something seriously going wrong in the relationship that she’s trying to tell you.
Therefore, a proper understanding of your spouse, as well as a heart-to-heart talk, can iron any rumbled issue out.
Is My Wife Cheating Signs
Here are 31 solid signs that your wife is cheating on you. Although these signs are factual, not all of them may apply to your spouse. However, if you spot a larger percent of these signs in your marriage, then you have a definite answer.
- She guards her phone with her life.
- Her social media habits have changed.
- She changed her passwords.
- You find your wife has been lying to you about a lot of little things.
- She goes to the gym more often than usual.
- When she goes to run errands, she disappears for hours.
- She’s going out a lot more with friends you barely recognize.
- Also, there are irregularities in your bank account or credit cards.
- She also opens up separate lines of credit or gets a separate credit card.
- Your social life no longer interests her.
- She gets angry or irritated with you a lot more.
- The types of things she confides to you about have changed.
- You catch her checking out other men a lot more.
- She becomes noticeably lazier when it comes to doing household chores or running errands.
- She doesn’t make any kind of a fuss like she used to when it comes to family events like birthdays or vacations.
- Your spouse acts bored or indifferent toward everything in your life, such as your children, hobbies, her job or your job or planning for the future.
- She’s hanging out with her single friends more often than she used to.
- Appearance matters much more to her than it used to.
- She no longer says “I love you” on a regular basis.
- You both fight more often than before.
- She accuses you of being a cheater. So, she manipulates you by playing the blame game.
- She usually looks unhappy or feels guilty about something when she’s around you.
- Your fights are full of divorce or separation threats, coming from her angle.
- She has cheated in the past. Therefore, If she did it once, she’s more likely to do it again.
- When you ask for reassurance about not cheating, you don’t feel satisfied with her response.
- She picks up a new hobby that requires a fairly sizable time commitment.
- Names of past lovers suddenly begin to pop up in almost every conversation.
- She’s like a stranger to you now. She has completely changed.
- During sex, she’s now more specific about angles and positions than before.
- She calls you by someone else’s name during sex, or in random conversations.
- Finally, your gut feeling tells you she’s cheating.
Reasons Why She Might be Cheating
In recent times, studies show that infidelity rates for women are up as much as 40 percent. Women tend to have different reasons why they become unfaithful in marriage. According to a survey of 3000 women, 20 percent of those women said that they’d cheat if the right person comes along. That is to say, some marriages were simply out of circumstances and most women are not married to their “one true love”. Therefore, they will get easily swayed if their Prince charming comes along. However, that reason might not apply to your wife. So, we compiled a list of reasons why your wife might be cheating on you.
- She’s lonely: Women can experience loneliness in a relationship for any number of reasons. It might be because you work for long hours, or travel for business on a regular basis. Also, it may be because you seem emotionally unavailable. Therefore, they feel lonely, and then seek connection through infidelity to fill the void. Furthermore, women are attention seeking creatures. Giving your woman attention makes her feel loved and wanted. However, lack of attention can make your wife search for it elsewhere.
- You’re taking her for granted: When she begins to feel like a housekeeper or nanny than your wife, she’ll seek validation from elsewhere. This is because she’ll want to fix her bruised ego. Therefore she’ll go for the next available person that makes her feel like a woman.
- She craves intimacy: Most women tend to feel valued and connected through non-sexual but emotional interplay. Therefore, this include outings, pillow ptalks, physical touch like cuddling, forehead kisses as well as back hugs. However, when she’s not getting that type of intimacy from you, she may seek for it elsewhere. Hence lack of emotional interplay in marriage makes women feel like dutiful robots.
- She’s overwhelmed by the needs of others: Generally, most women have confessed to living a life different from what they imagined in their younger years. The responsibilities of being a mother/housewife might be so overwhelming or just plain boring. Hence, an extra marital affair might bring along the excitement or fulfillment she so craves.
- She’s responding to early-life/ adult trauma or abuse: Basically, women who have experienced profound trauma, find a way to cope. Following that fact, women who have experienced domestic violence or sexual traumas, will re-enact that trauma as a way of trying to master or control it. This is a psychological way for them to confront their fears.
- The sex is not satisfying: Generally, a large percentage of women that cheat, fall under this category. These women agree that they really love their husbands, but their orgasmic needs are also important. However, there’s a societal misconception that only men enjoy sex. But plenty of women enjoy sex too. Therefore, if she’s not getting it from you the way she wants it, she’ll look elsewhere for her sexual satisfaction.
- She’s getting revenge: If you touch the tail of the sleeping tiger, you should be ready for the fangs. Basically, women are soft creatures. But they can also be dangerous. If you have ever cheated on your wife and she found out, she might just be giving you a dose of your own poison. Therefore, she’s having an affair just to spite you, or make you go through what she went through. For all we know, she might even be faking it.
Is My Wife Cheating Test
Here are some questions for you to answer if you aren’t still sure if your wife is cheating or not.
- Do you usually wonder where she went, or where she is?
c.) Maybe she’s with someone else
- Do you think she is cheating on you?
b.) Maybe, I don’t know
c.) No, I trust my wife
- Do you think she would leave you if she saw a really sexy guy?
c.) I’m not sure
- Have you ever caught her staring at another man while with you?
a.) Yes, a lot
c.) Yes, but not often
- Have you ever cheated on her?
c.) Almost did
- Has she ever caught you cheating?
c.) Almost did
In conclusion, infidelity can be traumatic and is one of the more challenging problems faced in marriage. However, many people get blindsided when they find out about their spouse or partner cheating. But others suspect infidelity because of actions that are out of the norm. Hence, odd behaviors and withdrawal from your spouse may be what created your suspicion towards her. But, you may be wrong about it. So, before you accuse your wife of sleeping around, or accuse her of cheating on you, you have to be absolutely sure of it.
Finally, before doing anything else, you must decide if you want to save your marriage. Ask yourself certain questions. Are you ready to throw in the towel or is your marriage worth fighting for?. It doesn’t always have to end in divorce or separation. You can confront her about it and listen to what she has to say. If you have evidence of her infidelity, try to find out her reason for doing it. However, it won’t be easy.
So, give yourself some time to process. Also, you should try speaking with a therapist or counselor. Such persons can help you figure out your emotions and guide you on what steps to take next. If you don’t already have a therapist you like, online therapy is a great option to consider. So, try finding one today.
How will I know she's cheating on me?
When you start suspecting her of cheating, it means there’s a questionable change in her behavior.
Why is she cheating on me?
The most common reasons are sexual satisfaction and loneliness.
How do you know when your wife cheated on you?
One of the telltale indicators that your wife is cheating is that you are no longer able to make her happy. You surprise her and bring her gifts, but it doesn’t seem to make her happy. She is constantly lost in her own thoughts and refuses to share anything with you. You don’t seem to have much of a dialogue with her.
How can I get my wife to admit she cheated?
“I know what’s going on,” or “I believe we should talk about [the person your partner is cheating on you with],” confront your partner. “Is there anything you want to tell me?” you could ask at the start of the conversation to give your spouse the opportunity to confess.