It is normal to send wedding wishes to the newlywed couple, and it is a wonderful way to commemorate the wedding day and their new life together. We’ve put up the ultimate guide to what to write on a wedding card, removing the uncertainty from what to write and how to word a wedding card.
We have you covered with our comprehensive guide, whether you’re looking for what to write on a religious wedding card, a wedding card for your pals, hilarious wedding words on a card, and so much more. For the ideal wedding congratulations, express your warmest wishes with personalized wedding cards.
Whatever you decide to write in this season’s wedding card, make it personal. Add images to your wedding card to memorialize happy memories with the newlyweds and say even more.
In reality, composing the ideal wedding message does not have to be tough. You’ll be well on your way to making unique wedding wishes that shine a spotlight of love on the couple and their one-of-a-kind happily ever after with a few tips, tricks, dos, and don’ts.
When they snuggle up post-honeymoon for a deliberate look over their treasure trove of cards, the newlyweds will appreciate your well-chosen comments. Whether you’re attending a lavish wedding or a quiet elopement, these wedding wishes will convey your best wishes to the happy couple as they begin their lives together.
What to Write in a Wedding Card
What to write in a wedding card message should be personalized for the couple, heartfelt, and written with love. As a result, no two wedding card messages will be identical. If you’re under the impression that you have to say the perfect words, don’t. Easy-to-follow directions and precise example texts are included in our wedding card etiquette guide to assist you in determining what to write on a wedding card.
- A well-deserved congratulation is in order. This frequent term is a terrific approach to spice up your wedding greeting, regardless of your personal writing style.
- Include a personalized wedding wish for the pair. Create a personalized wedding wish for the couple using the following few lines of the card. Consider your relationship with the pair before you start filling in the blanks. After the wedding, what will the bride and groom like reading?
- Express gratitude to the pair. Keep a line in your greeting for thanking the bride and groom for inviting you to be a part of one of their most important days.
- Conclude with a warm close. Give the newlyweds a warm closing before signing your name.
You don’t have to send a formal card with stuffy writing just because it’s a formal wedding with floor-length gowns and tuxedos. Still, if you want to write a timeless and romantic message on the wedding card, a formal note is the way to go.
Related Articles: MARRIAGE WISHES: 35+ Wishes For New Couples & Friends
- “Wishing you nothing but love and happiness for the rest of your life.”
- “Your wedding day will pass, but may your love last forever.”
- “Wishing you the best of luck as you begin your new lives together.”
- “May the coming years be blessed with lasting happiness.”
- “Shall your love for each other become stronger as you get older.”
- “Your union shall offer you more happiness than you can imagine.”
- “Shall this day mark the start of a long and happy life together.”
- “Thank you for allowing us/me to be a part of this special day. As you embark on this great union, we/I wish you all the best.”
- “On your wedding day and as you begin your new life together, I wish you joy, love, and happiness.”
- “May the love and happiness you experience now last for many years to come.”
What to Write in a Wedding Card for a friend
Going traditional with what to write in a wedding card for a friend is just as nice as becoming particular and personal. Consider your connection and how funny, serious, intimate, or sentimental you want to be with your wedding card wishes before you start writing. Then you can proceed from there.
- “I’m overjoyed to be able to call you both my pals. Congratulations!”
- “We saw a fortune-teller in Vegas, and he was correct. You did, in fact, meet the guy or woman of your dreams. Best wishes to both of you!”
- “Today is the most significant of all the major life milestones we’ve commemorated over the years. Congrats!”
- “Thank you for inviting me to join you and your family on this special day. Best regards.”
- “I’m/we’re overjoyed to be able to share this special day with you both.”
- “Wishing you and your partner a long and happy life together.”
- “May your friendship bring you as much joy as it has brought me in my life—and more!”
- “We’ve had a lot of laughs! May you be able to make each other laugh at all times!”
- “Here’s to love and friendship!” exclaims the narrator.
- “Wishing a fantastic buddy and his/her new husband/wife all the best.”
- I’m so glad to be able to share this special day with you both!
- Begin your new chapter with a bang—with this little something!” (It’s attached to a present.)
- Thank you for inviting us/me to eat and drink while you prepare for your wedding. Congrats!
Related Articles: 71+ ROMANTIC THINGS TO SAY TO A GIRL TO MAKE HER WANT YOU
- We’ve added another family member to the tree today, and we’re overjoyed.
- We’re overjoyed that [name] has found “The One,” and it’s you!
- You two are almost as good as [insert the name of your or their favorite sports team here].” “I haven’t been this pleased for anyone since [insert team name here] won the World Series/other championship!” or “I haven’t been this happy for anyone since [insert team name here] won the World Series/other championship!”
- Thank you for the complimentary drinks. Wishing you a long and happy marriage!
- “Love, honor, and… scrubbing the toilet” is our marriage advice. (Insert any other amusing advice you have.)
- From your new family in [location], sending you lots of love and hugs.
- Thank you for allowing us to partake in the festivities. Hello, and welcome to the clan!
What to Write in a Wedding Card, Funny
Write something amusing on the wedding card that you believe would make them chuckle. Just be cautious with your wedding wishes. On paper, what could come across as a joke in conversation could be misinterpreted. As a general rule, caustic or snarky jokes should be avoided.
- “‘Be excellent to each other,’ Bill and Ted said.”
- “You two are almost as good as [insert the name of your or their favorite sports team here].” “I haven’t been this pleased for anyone since [insert team name here] won the World Series/other championship!” or “I haven’t been this happy for anyone since [insert team name here] won the World Series/other championship!”
- “Congratulations on making me cry like a baby at your wedding!”
- “I’m glad we/I had the opportunity to show off our/my dance talents in celebration of such a wonderful couple. Many blessings to you both!”
- “Thank you for the complimentary drinks. Wishing you a long and happy marriage!”
- Any punny pre-made card with a simple “Love, us/me” message will suffice.
- BOOM! He encircled it with a ring!
- If you don’t succeed the first time, try doing it the way your wife advised you to.
- You guys make me want to puke a little in my mouth. Congratulations!
- It’s official, guys: you’re stuck with each other for the rest of your lives!
- Congratulations on a job well done, gentlemen! You’ve discovered the one person you’d like to irritate for the rest of your lives!
- You accomplished it, woohoo! Congratulations on hosting the year’s most Instagrammable wedding.
- ‘Yes honey, you’re right,’ are the four most vital words in a good marriage.
- Congratulations to all of you! Now it’s time to savor the champagne and pretend that this wasn’t the most difficult day of your life.
- Our marriage advice to you is to remember that the first 50 years of marriage are always the most difficult.
What to Write in a Wedding Card, Envelope
You are more than welcome to convey your congratulations to the newlyweds, even if they opted to have an intimate ceremony. You can send any form of a message to express your joy—many of the methods listed above are excellent choices. However, avoid using any wording that could be construed as unfavorable. Even if you weren’t able to witness the unique event, what you write on the wedding card should honor their decision to elope.
- “We’re/I’m overjoyed to hear of your union! I wish you nothing but happiness.”
- “Cheers to this incredible journey.”
- “It’s official, yay! Congratulations on your marriage, newlyweds.”
- “You two are incredible, and your elopement was no exception. I wish you both the best of luck.”
- “You two are married, according to a little birdie. Congratulations are in order!”
- I wish you both nothing but happiness and love. Here’s to you, my friend!
- “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God has forgiven you through Christ.” 4:32 –Ephesians
- I wish you a marriage that is as solid as your faith.
- The greatest blessing is love.
- Congratulations! May the happiness you have today continue to fill your life.
- We were just playing ‘house’ in the garden the other day, and now you get to do it in real life. I am ecstatic for both of you. Congratulations!
What to Write in a Wedding Card to my husband
Can’t seem to come up with the proper words to write on your wedding card for your new husband? Don’t be alarmed! Here are some of the most beautiful wedding card wishes that are sure to bring a big smile to his face.
- I know it sounds corny, but you are truly my soulmate. My life was forever changed the day I met you, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of it with you.
- I’m ecstatic because you make me so happy. I’m so happy I came across you, and I can’t wait to marry you! Your (nearly) Mrs [SURNAME], with all my love.
- In our relationship, we’ve had a lot of ups and downs. Today, I’d like to express my gratitude for the fact that we’ve stuck together through it all. The most exciting part is still to come!
- I can’t imagine what life would be like without you. We’ve been through so much together, and it’s just strengthened our bond. I’m excited to see what the future holds for us!
Related Articles: LESBIAN DATING SITES: Best And Free Sites For You
- It’s funny to start referring to you as my spouse, yet it suits you well. I’m looking forward to seeing you soon and finally saying, “I do.” I’m looking forward to the next phase of our lives and all the new experiences we’ll have!
- Like peanut butter and jelly, silver and gold, and a hand in a glove, you and I complement each other. Thank you for being the ideal fit for me!
- I anxiously anticipate the special surprises that each new day has for us now that you are in my life. Here’s to a life full of excitement!
- I adore you more than words can say. Thank you for deciding to spend the rest of your life with me.
- There’s no one I’d rather spend the rest of my life with than you. I adore you.
- Fairy stories used to be a few pages long when I was a kid. Who knew they’d last for years as I grew older? Thank you for brightening up my life.
What to Write in a Wedding Card Religious
This may be the greatest option if the couple is religious. Messages on religious wedding cards can acknowledge God, express your prayers or reference scripture. Consider the couple’s beliefs and customs before writing a religious statement on a wedding card, and tailor the message to them. If you’re not sure what religious message to express, go with a more generic wedding card.
- “Wishing you a happy marriage!”
- “Wishing you a marriage as solid as your convictions.”
- “I’m sending you my best wishes for endless love and happiness.”
- “The greatest blessing is love.”
- “May God continue to bless you and your marriage.”
- “God shall bless you with all of life’s blessings and the joys of love.”
- “My prayer is may God bless you both with a lifetime of shared love and joy on this special day.”
- “God who brought you together bless your marriage, enrich your life, and strengthen your love for one other for many years to come.”
- “God has poured out His love into our hearts,” Romans 5:5 says.
- “‘Love takes time. It is generous… Love is unbreakable.’ 1 Corinthians 13:4-13 “
- “Congratulations! May the happiness you have today continue to fill your life.”
- “Congratulations on your wedding!”
Weddings are happy occasions that bring together not only the bride and groom but also their friends and relatives. Make the newlyweds feel unique by using what to put on a wedding card.
In fact, with the proper words engraved inside, a thoughtful wedding card is a fantastic addition to a personalized wedding present. One of these beautiful wishes for the couple can even be included in a wedding photo book. What a wonderful way for the bride and groom to remember their special day! The wedding bells are ringing in our ears.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you say to the bride and groom?
Greetings to them
“Warmest congratulations to the bride and groom,” or “Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love,” are examples of elegant and conventional phrasing. You might also go for a more casual tone, such as “So thrilled for you!” or “Best wishes!”
How much money do I put in a wedding card?
The typical wedding present is roughly $100, which is a good place to start and can be increased or decreased depending on how close you are. If you’re close to or related to the couple (and have the financial flexibility), you can spend a little more—around $150 per person (or $200 for a couple).